Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Walk Towards Old Age

I forget things, places, names etc..

Recently, many activities have happened to me that reinforced my belief that I don't have a sharp memory or I've reached the phase where "old" people start forgetting stuff . Really, Am I getting old? I got embarrassed recently when I forgot the name of my teammate while I was having snacks in the cafeteria. I was watching the television. As he passed by, I wanted to call and ask him to increase the volume. So, I, hastily, raised my hand to call him. But then I stopped. I just couldn't recall his name. Amit, no anuj, no shit !! whats his name. Finally, I gave up and did this: "whistle, oye, could you increase the volume please?"

And, can anyone forget a girl and that too a hot one? Not many, but I did. In my office, we (My friends and I) used to call a girl '2nd Floor'. It has nothing to do with his seating location being at 2nd floor. But the way she used to comb her hair was unusual. We thought that the starting point of pony tail was a bit higher than usual. So, 2nd floor it is for referring her. She worked in the office for a short period of time. After 3-4 months, one day my friend (Devesh) and I were going out for dinner and while talking he referred to the girl as 2nd floor. I just could not remember her face. I asked Devesh to tell her name and he, cunningly, replied "we never try hard to know anyone's name. We just know her by 2nd Floor." Bull shit !!! What the hell. And now all I was interested in recognizing her face. I, immediately, called our third friend and he gave me some hints and I could finally locate the 2nd Floor Neuron in my brain. How can anyone forget a girl's face? Awful!!!

I'm seriously contemplating whether these are the signs of me walking towards old age. May be its usual, but I need to be more proactive in remembering things. Anyhow. Would grandma's philosphy of eating 5-6 almonds a day work? I guess I should try.

2 comments:

Sugandha Gupta said...

haha nicely written :)


Regards:
http://whysoserioustoday.blogspot.com

Kapil said...

yeah .. kind of a problem in me that I've identified. :-) .. As the broadband connection is quite slow here at my native place, will check your blog later.