Monday, February 2, 2009

Black Dog

Last year I decided to taste all kinds of Whisky and Rum to understand what I like. I tried numerous brands, of course GlennFiddich and Black Label are still out of range, and finally settled with Black Dog. I loved the taste. However, explaining taste of a Whisky to anyone is a difficult job. So, whenever someone asks me why I prefer Black Dog, I take help of Bollywood's Super-Duper movie - Shahenshah. In a certain scene, Amrish Puri, after a brief interaction with Meenakshi Sheshadri, decides to order Black Dog instead of the regular one. Prem Chopra gets intrigued and asks him for a reason. Amrish replies:

"Jab bhi me koi hasin titli dekhta hoon, mere ander ke sainkado kutte bhokne lagte hain. Unhe shant karne ke liye me Black Dog peeta hoon."

haha. It gives me great pleasure when someone asks me why Black Dog and I pay tribute to the movie by repeating this dialogue.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kapil - great minds think alike! I too use this dialogue!

Unknown said...

By the way, I was looking for the scene of this dialogue on YouTube, but it is not there. If you happen to have the movie, why not post the scene up there?