Wednesday, March 31, 2010

MBA in Recession

I remember many people saying to me that it is a good time to do an MBA when market is in recession. People have given reasons such as since market wont be recovering it makes sense to get a degree and one can get a good job when it returns back after a period of one year. I agreed to this view until recently when I started realizing one important thing.



For me, I believe there are two motives to do an MBA, one is job and other is enjoyment. Since this is going to be the last time you will be a student, you want to enjoy as much as you can. However, when market is in recession, there are constant worries in your mind, whether you will be getting a good internship/job or will you be extending your semester, does it make sense to go back to your native country, does it make sense to return back to your previous employer. These thoughts definitely do not make your MBA enjoyable. Or am I thinking too much?

No comments: