Saturday, July 12, 2008

Overdose of MC

People who have graduated from college and are now working in multinationals still feel that they are living student's life. I met one such fellow few days back. I must have spend good 5-6 hours with him and found that he spoke MC (Indianised version of Mother F***er) umpteen number of times. In fact, no sentence was completed without this word. I don't know what was he trying to prove, but, I felt only sorry for his senseless humor.

I agree that I too utter these words, but I do that cautiously. Every such word in a sentence has a purpose and we should pay respect to it. Using them without any need just makes me feel sorry for the speaker and nothing else. I've a friend at my workplace who I've seen speaking MC only once during my entire interaction with him for over a period of 4 years now. And I felt the impact when he said that. It just got better with the word. Bingo! thats how one should use these words. These are magical words, when used correctly sets the entire tone of the conversation.

I sincerely ask people to watch and learn from 'Pulp Fiction'. Contrary to what I've said above, MF is used in probably every dialogue of the movie. However, the word fits so perfectly in there that I cannot imagine Pulp Fiction to be a big hit without these dialogues. If you can do justice to these magical words, fine, use them else misbehaving with them only lowers your standard.

No comments: