Saturday, February 16, 2008

Unique Selling Point

Have you ever pondered over your unique selling point (USP)? I didn't know about mine until I attended Hostel-10 (girl's hostel in IIT Bombay) valedictory function in my last year. In these functions, profiles of the graduating students are read in front of numerous students. The focus is primarily on what the student did in his/her life other than academics. One of my close friend told me to attend profile of a particular girl, who I have never talked to. I sniffed something intrigue, but my friend never disclosed the details. Well, I attended the function and was made to sit forcibly on a sofa in front of the stage. When the profile started, I came to know that the girl had a crush on me during the first year. I was never told by my (bloody?) friends (all my friends knew about this), nor the girl ever attempted to talk to me. To my surprise, I was the hot talk in the hostel and girls used to play a game, based on a famous Indian television. If I ever tell you whats the game, you will definitely envy me. That very moment made me think that I've got a magnetic? power to attract girls.

My thinking was proved right again when I started working in Oracle. One of my friend was leaving Oracle after working in the company for ~1.5 years. Before leaving Oracle, he told me one day that he knows a girl who had a crush on you. I was definitely happy (no doubt), but at the same time I was cursing myself for having such friends who hide important information and don't want to see me excel in future. Again, there was a similarity with the case happened in IIT. I had never talked to that girl.

There are other instances as well to describe, but I would do that in a different post. However, these two incidents helped me know something about my personality. I don't know exactly what girls look in me, but I know that I've got something unique. I really hope those two girls read this post and update me about my USP.

By the way, how many girls have fallen for you so far (without even talking to you) and whats your USP?

4 comments:

Ashish Mahajan said...

hmmm whatever the usp may b....but one thing is for sure...girls who fall for you. also never tend to talk to you unless they are leaving the surroundings in which you may be residing.

Unknown said...

its true that their may be some girls who reaaly have crush on u bcz i too have crush on u ,we never use to tell u bcz we r afraid and yes i too like u...

Ashish Mahajan said...

hmmm...interesting...shukla! you seem to have a task at hand....best

Unknown said...

Man shocking to know abt ur USP!!!!
I am sure that gal would have found some-one better than you. So ur USP is not so unique as u think.

Anyways, keep spearding ur USP!!! Tera number ayeagaaa!!!! If i know someone in oracle wil surely let u know unlike ur kamina frens!!!