Thursday, February 14, 2008

Breakup

The other day I was having a lunch with my Oracle friends at Pizza hut. The usual talk gained speed when two of the fellows start talking about their affairs. It is always fun to hear about what's happening in others life when you dont have the luxury to perform in that role. Isnt it? Anyways, 4 out of 6 had girlfriends. When one of the friends asked me about my status, I didnt want to tell them that I've been single for past 25 :) years. Many things were going through my mind and I was desperately searching for an answer. Suddenly, I said something so convincing that didnt allow my friend to pose further questions. Here's what I said:

"nah ... just had a break up a month ago" .....

I think this response will work all time. This gives a feeling that the person is not lying (of course, you need to act in the same way .. I think the way I said "nah" made the difference) and nothing left in the story to ask more. I've tried it again sometime back and the strategy worked.


Try it !!!

1 comment:

Kapil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.