Friday, November 11, 2011

Fine Indian Dining in Singapore

Sometime back I, along with a friend, went to famous Jiggs Kalra's Punjab Grill Restaurant in Singapore. The restaurant is located at Marina Bay Sands. I was a bit excited as we were going to have a five-course dinner, which I never had before. Here is my analysis:

Pros
1. Good service, food presentation
2. Good enough quantity and quality. My stomach was full by the end even though initially I thought that they were serving less
3. Hospitality

Cons
1. A bit costly. S$175 for two (with no drinks)
2. Place is small (it does not give you a feeling that you have come to a place you are going to spend that much), ambiance is ok

Went there again few days back. This time ordered ala-carte - one sabzi, basket of breads, soup. Quantity of sabzi is very nice - can feed 3 people, could not complete all the breads. Cost around S$80.

In all, a nice place to go once in a while

No comments: