Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rakhi Ka Swayamvar – An Innovative One

No matter what public thinks, no matter what news channels project, no matter what the film industry really feels; Rakhi Sawant is one girl which is gaining popularity day by day. And why not she is the bride to be of the one of the most innovative Indian serial I’ve ever witnessed in a very long time. All the music talent reality shows, MTVs youths’ shows, numerous talent hunts are essentially copycats, oops inspiration, of foreign TV serials. However, Rakhi Ka Swayamvar is one hell of an innovative serial. And no matter what Indian public thinks of Rakhi Sawant, they are still watching the serial. Frankly speaking, my parents and I are following this serial.

At first, this seems quite intrigue, however then I analyzed why people are interested in watching this serial. Here are my two cents:

1. People are tired of watching same kind of serials on any channel. I believe they are watching just because they don’t have anything else to watch. In two days of my stay at home, I’ve realized that the current trend in the television industry is to project the hardships of villagers. New serials are all based on village concept. And the current ones that started before this unique revolution (?) have introduced the concept by marrying one girl into a family that has roots in a village. If you disagree with me, then browse any serial between 8 – 11 pm and confirm yourself. So people are looking for something new. The idols, laughter challenge shows are all old, repetitive and, hence, boring. People want change and the Swayamvar just brings that.

2. People really want to know what the swayamvar is all about. Most people I’ve talked to in this short span of time have two things to say: 1. Have you seen the contestants? All are chosen according to Rakhi’s standard, and 2. Is Rakhi really going to marry one of the contestants? I don’t want to comment on Rakhi’s standard, however, I also found the contestants funny. The first episode was hilarious when all the contestants were introduced. Watch it to understand what I'm trying to say. Even Rakhi’s expressions and his innocent type image where she claims she is looking for love in one of the ultimate contestant will bring a broad smile on one’s face. You will think what stupidity is this, but then I bet if you change the channel. Is Rakhi going to marry the candidate? I don’t know. May be yes but then how much time is spent today in taking a divorce.

But in all sense, the serial has brought refreshment and will going to pull crowd as it progresses.

UPDATE
One of the contestants says he is married. Now thats innovation. Isnt it?

7 comments:

Sugandha Gupta said...

Dude this one is a copy of a famous foreign series "Who wants to be millionaires wife"
newaz fyn post :)

Kapil said...

ohho ... wasnt aware of it.
:-( :-(
Copycat Indian TV Producers.

Sugandha Gupta said...

hehehe :)
ya big time copy cat
n theres no follow option in ur blog y ?

Anonymous said...

Dude its a copycat of famous ABC reality show "The Bachelorette" in USA

Sugandha Gupta said...

haha ... so many copies
M lovin it !!!
lols:P

Sonal said...

yeah...its a COPY of

Bachellorette
Millionaire's wife and
I love New York :))

go4cab said...

This is pretty great post. I´ve been thinking of starting a blog on this subject myself.
http://www.go4cab.com/