Friday, May 16, 2008

Khali Mania

The new superhero/sensation has arrived in India few days back. I happened to be at my native place during that time, so witnessed complete coverage. The amount of coverage media has given to him, I doubt if he does not get a Padma Shri this year even though I don't know about his WWE achievements.

Here are some facts I can recollect after watching the Khali episode again and again (and on almost every news channel)

1. Khali keval 'Parmatma' se darta hai.

2. Khali ko aaj sabse jyada ek bacche ki chah hai.

3. Khali ka ek mukka 100 kilo ka hai.

4. Khali ko abhi sabse jyada apni maa se milna ka intezaar hai.

5. Khali WWE champion isliye nahi ban paaya kyunki use 'dhoke' :) se haraya gaya tha.

and many more...

Khali might have impressed biggies such as Sachin, Sharukh etc however, watching him repeatedly on news channel and posed with absurd questions from the media have turned off many people, including my parents.

An interesting conversation with my mother one evening while I was browsing channels. I turned to a channel epitomizing Khali's adventure.

I: Mummy, dekho Khali...
Mummy: arre maar goli Khali ko .. sab pagal ho rahe hain Khali ke liye
I: arre dekho to sahi
Mummy: tu Khali chorr, Saloni (Zee's Saat Phere drama) laga ..

I dont know if he is a real superstar or a media-hyped sensational figure. But, at the moment, media is going gaga over Khali Mania.

No comments: