Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hello ... April Fool

Some days back, I encountered my best April Fool prank. It was performed on me and I would not say I didnt enjoy it.

I wanted to talk to a friend after a long time, so dialed his number. I heard "tring-tring". Ok sounds fine. To my surprise, some lady (with beautiful voice) picked up the phone and said "Hello". I disconnected the phone without saying anything. Lets try again. Redial. Again the same lady picked up the phone. I thought let me talk to her this time and ask for my friend. Here is the conversation:

Lady: Hello
Me: Hello, may I speak to ...
Lady (interrupted me) Hello ...
Me: Hello
Lady: Hello, Hello
Me: Hello, may I speak to ... (in my mind... what the hell .. is she deaf?)
Lady: Hello ... ab kuch bolo bhi ... kaun hai?

I disconnected the phone again. Looks like communication problem. Redial.

Lady: Hello
Me: Hi .. this is Kapil here... May I speak to ..
Lady: Hello ...
I was mum now ... looks like same communication problem again
Lady: Hello, Hello
Lady: Hello ... ab kuch bolo bhi ... kaun hai?
Me (in my mind) : what .. why is repeating the same thing?
Lady: bolte kyun nahi ...
Me (in my mind): ok something new

then suddenly I heard this voice:
"April fool ... and then Hutch's theme song .... You and I, in this beautiful world...."
As I was hearing this song, my friend picked up the phone. He already knew that I was struggling with the lady. He told me that every other person calling on his mobile was facing the unusual talk and thats why he was taking time to pick up the phone.

Lovely prank !!! I enjoyed it.

1 comment:

kanika said...

nice post .waiting for more posts