Sunday, March 23, 2008

True Intentions

It is very difficult to get through another person's mind until he is a close confidante of yours. According to me, the best way to force people to speak up their minds is by giving them an initial push and support their thinking (by taking a best guess) and then they will speak out their true intentions. I've tried this numerous times during my school/college life and even sometimes in my professional life. People find it easier to communicate their thoughts once you yourself show an agreement with their thoughts. You may not agree with what you are saying, but, the process opens up the person and you might get a chance to know his real intentions.

One of my friends is moving abroad with his family. I was having a casual chat with him one day about the change he is going to face. During the talk, I deliberately told him that it is the same thing living in US as living in Bangalore, and within seconds, he agreed readily. He gave me the reason that the number of times he currently visits his family is limited to 2-3 times in a year. So that is not going to change and, consequently, he is actually not away from his home. I might have got a different answer if I had initiated the talk in a different direction and told him that traveling is not going to be simple. Seriously, traveling involves time and money, and both become hard-earned once you engage yourself in a job. He might have changed his answer and instead replied, "yeah ... but it is a matter of just 2-3 years".

I experienced this phenomenon? in my professional life too. I noticed that when I deliberately do a hard talk against someone with my friends, they open up and do a similar kind of talking. Further, people usually dont open up and start talking about opposite sex. Someone has to take the initiative and whoever takes, all others join within minutes. This sense of agreement is a powerful force that helps people to roll out their True Intentions.

1 comment:

kanika said...

u r true my dear ...well i think that in my story I may not have gone where I intended to go but I think I have ended up where I intended to be...so if ur intention is gud then its ok and if it not gud then ...

well dear a small deed is better then greatest intention hain naaa!!!